What Thrive Handcrafts products will be available this year, you ask? You can find us at the GLAM Craft Show on December 8 and through our Etsy Shop. We are also at select retailers in Gainesville, Florida.
Need something special? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lavender Soap with Real Tussah Silk
- Lavender Mint (NEW)
- Lavender, Rosemary, Lemongrass, and Mint (!!!) (NEW)
- Cedar Rose (cedarwood & rosewood essential oils with sandalwood powder and rhassoul clay)
- Pink Grapefruit Salt & Clay (NEW)
- Eucalyptus & Tea Tree (NEW)
- Grapefruit, Lime, & Mint Goat Milk Soap (NEW)
- Lavender Oatmeal Goat Milk Soap
- Lemongrass & Lavender
- Lemongrass & Tea Tree
- Cute little layered coffee & coconut milk soaps, the likes of which you’ve never seen
Salt & Sugar Scrubs
- Lavender, Rosemary, Lemongrass, and Mint
- Lavender Clove
- Cedar Rose
- Grapefruit Mint
- 100% Organic Whipped Shea Butter
- The same, plus Lavender! Essential Oil!
- Organic Whipped Shea Butter with Organic Jojoba Oil
- Beautiful Body Oil (jojoba-sweet almond blend for facial cleansing and body care)
- 100% Organic Jojoba Oil
Thrive Handcrafts on Etsy!
It’s Small Business Saturday! We’re celebrating with a bunch of new listings, brand new gift sets with a free handmade soap dish and gift wrap, and free shipping through Monday!
Holiday time means family time, and this sentimental mama wants to clutch her sweet babies even more than usual. Thrive Handcrafts is a family business in the truest sense of the word- here are photos of the thrivebabies who are our life, our passion, and our reason for it all.
Here it comes… can you hear it roaring in the not-so-distant future? Holiday shopping season!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but it can also be pretty stressful. To help you have a thrivey good shopping experience, we’re sharing our recommendations…
- Thrive Handcrafts soap and body products… obviously. Find us on Etsy, or in a local store, or email Susan (email@example.com) if you have a special request. Want a bulk order for all your clients/kids’ teachers/Secret Santas/office mates? We can do that! [Our VERY NEXT BLOG POST will be a list of all available soaps and products - I promise.]
- Deliciousness from Mountain Rose Herbs.*
- For the beautiful goddess in your life, we recommend the transformative e-courses for life, business, blogging, and creativity by Leonie Dawson* or access to ALL her e-courses with a year’s membership to the Amazing Biz & Life Academy. I’ve been a member of the Academy for a year and a half and can’t recommend it highly enough.
- A copy of The Desire Map* by Danielle LaPorte, a new approach to goal-setting that has literally changed my life.
Coming this week: a comprehensive list of all Thrive Handcrafts products available this holiday season, and links to more of our favorite local & handcrafted businesses.
Links marked with a star* indicate affiliates – when you purchase from these sellers, the price you pay is the same but we receive a commission on the sale. We will never, ever recommend products that we don’t love and use ourselves. Thank you :)
In a week or so we’re going to introduce a new product… ’til then I’m testing it out here at home and my skin feels dreamy!!! It’s a new way of cleaning your face that will surprise you but once you try, you’ll be hooked! Stay tuned…
Also to those who visited the site in the past few days: I tested out a background image with our ginkgo leaf logo, but I didn’t like it. Little did I know I actually saved the blog with a silly tiled background! So my apologies if you stopped by and questioned my aesthetic taste – that headache-inducing background is now history!
UPDATE… Since this original post in June 2012, we’ve tweaked our cream deodorant a few times by adding organic shea butter and arrowroot powder. It’s now been over 2 years since Mr. Thrive and I started using this deodorant every day, and I can still vouch for its awesomeness. If you haven’t tried it, you’re in luck, because we’ll be introducing some new scents this Fall!
And look how pretty it is:
- Click the photo to visit our Etsy shop!
I don’t normally photograph my soaps until they are dry(ish), because when they are still soft and tacky to the touch, the colors are weird and they just don’t look done. Today’s soap is definitely not done, but it’s so pretty I can’t wait- I have to share!
The pink color comes from pink kaolin clay and the lighter layer has pink Himalayan salt added in. Oh and did I mention it smells heavenly?! It’s scented with sweet orange, grapefruit, and peppermint essential oils.
It’s so pretty I can barely stand it. Cutting it is going to be a challenge because the salt portion is really hard and the dark non-salt portion is still really soft… Lesson learned about layering two different soaps in the same pour!
This is so exciting!!!
The practice of midwifery is near and dear to us – both the Thrivebabies were delivered with assistance from graduates of the Florida School of Traditional Midwifery. This weekend FSTM is holding a fundraising dinner, and we’ve got two tickets to give away for FREE!!
The Harvest Moon fundraiser will be this Saturday, September 14, at The Wooly in downtown Gainesville. We can’t be there ourselves, so we’re going to share the love by giving our tickets to a lucky winner. To sweeten the pot, we’ll have 3 runners-up who win a bar of Thrive Handcrafts soap!
You can earn one contest entry for each of the following:
- Use the buttons at the bottom of this post to share on Facebook, Google+, WordPress, and/or Twitter (one entry each).
- “Like” the Thrive Handcrafts Facebook page (welcome newcomers!).
- Add us to your “Favorite Shops” on Etsy.
- Click the “Follow” link at the top of this page so you can keep up with the blog.
To keep things simple, please leave a comment either on this blog post or on the Facebook post, summarizing how many entries you completed – it will make it so much easier for “us”, which is really just “me”, a very busy mama.
This Friday, September 13, at 2 pm, I will close the contest and use a random number generator to determine the winners! Any questions – don’t hesitate to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fine print: The winner of the fundraiser tickets must live in/near Gainesville. If the fundraiser winner lives too far from Gainesville to attend the event, I will honor their win with a runner-up spot, and choose again.