So excited to share some of the upcoming events we have planned. We love, love, love meeting people face to face!
- September 13 THAT’S THIS WEEKEND FOLKS… pop-up shop at Stash- A Place For Yarn at 625 Central Avenue in St. Petersburg. It’s 2nd Saturday Art Walk, get yourself downtown! My daughter will have a lemonade stand there too :)
- October 4 – ButterflyFest at the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville. We are planning to create special exclusive butterfly labels for THIS EVENT ONLY!
- October 26 – Ward’s Supermarket 62nd Anniversary Fall Food Festival in Gainesville. Experience the local bounty :)
- November 15 – Crafts and Drafts sponsored by Creative Loafing at the St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club. Mmmmm, beer.
- November 29 – Small Business Saturday featuring the Tampa Bay Etsy Crew at the Tampa Bay Brewing Company (putting in application today)
- Saturday December 6 – Atomic Holiday Bazaar in Sarasota. You’ll find us in the Bayfront Room!
- Sunday December 7 – GLAM in Gainesville (applied, still waiting to hear)
- Saturday December 13 – Holizaar 7 at Studio 620 in St. Petersburg (applied, still waiting to hear)
We’re donating half the sales in our Etsy shop for the next 3 days to the indiegogo campaign for Hannah’s Homeless – a local non-profit raising money to open a drop-in center for homeless folks. Whether you live in St. Petersburg or not, please consider the impact you can make for people in need.
It’s the beginning of the month, which means a new batch of monthly specials* from Mountain Rose Herbs!
We’re thinking about ordering Meadowfoam Seed Oil and Hibiscus High Tea… what catches your eye?
* Links in this post are affiliate links, meaning that when you follow them and make a purchase from Mountain Rose, your cost is the same but we receive a commission. Thanks in advance :)
Continuing with our yarn-love theme, two of our soaps have been featured on the Mastering the Knits podcast – and they are also hosting a giveaway!!!
Head over to their website for a chance to win a free bar of Lavender Silk or Woodsy Lavender soap… yummmmm.
Check out THIS feather in our cap!
Thrive Handcrafts is now an official supplier for Wild Birds Unlimited, a cheery little bird- and nature-supplies shop with almost 300 locations in the US and Canada!
I’ve had this post on my mind for a long time, and I’ve never taken the time to sit down and type out all the reasons. I still don’t have the time, but I will make a quick policy statement, and share a video that illustrates my reasoning.
The policy: Thrive Handcrafts does not and will never knowingly use palm oil in any product.
Here’s the video… I hope ;) I’ve never done a video embed so this may take a few tries.
Post by Alain Compost .
What do all these places have in common, you ask? Well! They are the cities where yarn stores will soon carry the Mrs. Crosby collection of yarn and ephemera… including Thrive Handcrafts soap!!!
Did you hear that???!!!!!!! I am going to wear out my exclamation point one of these days.
My face hurts from smiling. In the coming days I will post a quick blurb about each of these shops so you can visit them virtually (and maybe even thank them for carrying our awesome soap, wink wink nudge nudge). Let’s show them some love, shall we?!
Kentucky, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Florida, Alabama, Texas. Little old me and my sweet soap are all over the country, y’all. I can hardly believe it.